CPB Permanent Magnet Brake
Torque Selection: 0.02~140 Nm (Static Holding)
Applications: robotics, servo motors, precise positioning
Braking force of Permanent Magnet Brake is generated by a permanent magnet instead of a spring, thus it is different from a general type of spring-applied safety brake. The permanent magnet brake is composed of a spring plate and an armature, so there is no backlash on the moment of braking while power is off and no drag torque while idling during the current is supplied.
- While the current is cut off, the magnetic force of the permanent magnet engages an armature plate and produces rated torque.
- While a coil is energized, upon the excitation voltage reaches a certain level of reading, the magnetic force of the permanent magnet will be neutralized by the reverse pole of magnetic force generated from a coil. The induction force between an armature plate and the yoke will also disappear which releases the brakes.
- Quick response：Use a permanent magnet to induce an armature plate for braking force which solidifies and speeds up movement.
- Zero backlash：The armature plate is driven by a spring, thus torque is transmitted without backlash.
- Low number of decibels：As the armature plate directly connects to the spring plate, there is almost zero decibels of noise and drag torque while parts are rotating.
- Small volume and high torque：The use of superior quality of permanent magnet generates greater effect of torque than other types at the same size.